Our Cottage Rooms are located across Newcastle Street in the former Freedmen’s Store, ca. 1864, which was the first store/school for freed slaves in Beaufort County. After various incarnations and uses, it became part of the Rhett House Inn in 1996. Seven additional King and Queen rooms are located on two levels, and each room has its own balcony or patio, whirlpool tub, separate step-in shower, fireplace, flat-screen TV, luxury Rhett House Inn robes, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, and wireless internet access. Some rooms still contain the 150 year-old fireplaces, original wood floors, and brick alcoves and display shelves where goods such as rice and flour were displayed for sale.